I anticipate moving to a different state next year. I have a Claims-Made Policy. Will my EDIC insurance cover me when I move? What do I need to do?

EDIC insures dentists in the following states:

  • Connecticut
  • Maine
  • Massachusetts
  • New Hampshire
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • North Carolina
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • Vermont
  • Virginia

If you move to one of those states, EDIC will continue to cover you and will re-write your policy in the new state. If you move to a state where EDIC does not insure dentists, you will need to make sure that you remain covered by insurance. This can be done in one of two ways. You can ask your new insurer to cover prior acts (the time you were insured with EDIC). If they will not provide this coverage, the other way to do this is to purchase “tail” coverage. For more information, contact the EDIC Customer Service Team.

More FAQs