What is “tail” coverage and why do I need it?

When an EDIC insured dentist with a Claims-Made Policy leaves the EDIC program for any reason, he or she should purchase an extended reporting endorsement or “tail” coverage. This endorsement provides a single set of limits for all future claims. A dentist needs a “tail” if leaving dentistry or if a new employer does not pick up and provide Prior Acts Coverage. If you have been with EDIC for five years and retire over age 50, EDIC will give you the tail at no cost.

More FAQs