EDIC and Oral Conscious Sedation
Recently the American Dental Association (ADA) revised its oral conscious sedation dosage guidelines. EDIC does cover oral conscious sedation for dentists, as long as the sedation drug and reversal agent are administered in compliance with both the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) drug dosage guidelines and state dental board regulations.
In addition to the ADA, many state dental boards are considering new regulations or have regulations under review. Because guidelines and regulations are continually being updated, EDIC urges dentists to check the FDA web site for any drug dosage guidelines and contact your state dental board regarding new or emerging regulations concerning oral conscious sedation.
- American Dental Association (ADA): http://www.ada.org
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA): http://www.fda.gov/
- Massachusetts: http://www.mass.gov/dph/boards/dn
- Rhode Island: http://www.health.ri.gov/hsr/professions/dental.php
- Connecticut: http://www.dph.state.ct.us
- Maine: http://www.mainedental.org
- New Hampshire: http://www.state.nh.us/dental
- Vermont: http://www.vtprofessionals.org/opr1/dentists/
- New York: http://www.nysed.gov/prof/dent.htm
- New Jersey: http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/medical/dentistry.htm
- Pennsylvania: http://www.dos.state.pa.us/dent